Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Never Give Up!

I recently completed a couch to 5K program and am presently following a 5K to 10K program. The goal is to transition into a Palladino Power Project General Build plan when I meet the expectations to begin the plan.

At the start of the plan, the runner is expected to be:
1) able to handle an *initial week* volume of 3h10m
2) able to handle a starting long run of 50 minutes
3) familiar with, and safely able to perform higher intensity intervals

I have met 1) and 3), however, 2) is a different story.

My run yesterday was just about 61 minutes but it was not continuous. It was [1.2 mi run x 0.1 mi walk] x 4.

I am at the end of week 2 of the 6 week plan so it will be a few more weeks before I start the Palladino Power Project plan.

In the meantime, I will continue running outdoors, walking on the treadmill, and riding the exercise bike. Most importantly, I need to focus on watching what I eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Good Run!

I debated running today. My quads were feeling it a little from yesterday. I walked a little with high knees and everything felt fine. Then ...