Thursday, November 18, 2021

I ended up taking a rest day yesterday. I was feeling blah this morning so I took the day off of work. Since I felt better a couple hours later, I decided to go on a run - 4 easy miles, slow but easy. My going easy impacts two important things - cadence (low) and stride length (short). I can increase stride cadence by just turning over my legs faster - that has a greater impact on my heart rate than tiring my legs. I suspect it will also increate my stride length. I think lifting my knees more should increase  my stride length. I know for sure it increases my pace dramatically. Either that or I am also increasing my cadence when I lift my knees more. I am not talking about doing high knees. My easy runs are more like shuffling with minimal strain/use of my leg muscles.


Thursday, November 18, 2021 - 7:34 AM




No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Good Run!

I debated running today. My quads were feeling it a little from yesterday. I walked a little with high knees and everything felt fine. Then ...