Friday, November 26, 2021

I Survived Thanksgiving!

I just made a post (postdated to yesterday) - I Am Still Here! Here are some important takeaways. Not only did I survive but I came in about 600 calories under my goal! Additionally, I came in 1,000 calories under my goal (insurance calories for Thanksgiving) the previous day.

Long story short - I would have still hit my 2 day net calorie goal if I consumed an additional 1,600 calories. Let's see - pumpkin pie - 380 calories, cherry pie - 380 calories, another chicken pot pie - 400 calories - those three total 1,160 which still leaves 440 calories. This thing is, I didn't feel like eating those so I didn't. I looked at pumpkin pie and cherry pie sitting out all day as well as when everyone was eating them. No willpower was required on my part - I didn't have to fight the craving/desire to eat them. I did not even have a craving/desire to eat them.

The hardest part for me in eating healthy is to program/rewire my brain to not want to eat stuff like potato chips, ice cream, french fries, etc. It generally takes me 2 years to reach that point. Hopefully, I have reached it. It's difficult if not impossible to lose weight when you to have to consciously tell yourself to not eat stuff that you really want to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Good Run!

I debated running today. My quads were feeling it a little from yesterday. I walked a little with high knees and everything felt fine. Then ...