Friday, November 12, 2021

That Was Easy - Not!


The goal today was to follow the plan. The third interval was tough but not as bad at the third interval yesterday. It was 12.7 degrees cooler today but I only had 15 hours between my run yesterday and today. My pace was slow and my cadence was low but I tried to keep a good running form. My heart rate was about there I wanted it to be - probably averaging in the mid 130's overall.

I'm not going to lie - I am not happy with my pace. The plan calls for today's run to be completed two more times. I am seriously considering repeating it more than that with the goal of the run getting easier and faster. After the 1.8x3's are done the plan changes to 2.7x2.

I have a feeling it's a better idea to get faster at shorter distances than it is to get faster at longer distances. I have to keep in mind that I need to average 8:47 (3:50:00) to qualify for Boston. I would prefer 3:30:00 which is 8:01 and what I really want is sub 3 hour which is under 6:52.

Another option is to tough it out until I get to running for 50 minutes then I transition to the General Build plan. One of the goals of the General Build plan is "to build fitness level to a seamless hand-off to one of my race-specific plans" at which point I could transition to a 5K or 10K Palladino Power Project plan. Those plans would definitely help on my speed.

I have a very long way to go but I want to make sure I have a good foundation.

Friday, November 12, 2021 - 6:09 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Good Run!

I debated running today. My quads were feeling it a little from yesterday. I walked a little with high knees and everything felt fine. Then ...